School Supplies: 7th Grade
7th Grade Core Classes
- Bookbag, non-wheely (1)
- 3-ring binders w/ clear outer sleeves, 1", white) (4)
- 3-ring binder w/ clear outer sleeves, 1", any color other than white (1)
- Loose-leaf paper, wide-ruled (2 packages)
- Divider sets w/ tabs for a 3-ring binder (8-pack) (4)
- Plastic (not paper) folders w/ pockets and prongs on the inside (2)
- Composition notebooks (2)
- Graph paper (1 package)
- Reinforcement stickers for torn paper holes (1 package)
- Correction tape (optional, used like white-out)
- Pencil package, wooden, #2, w/ child’s full name written on it (40-pack)
- Small pencil sharpener with case for shavings (1)
- Pens, blue or black (40-pack)
- Fine point, twist-up, colored pencils or crayons (12-pack)
- Highlighter (1)
- Pencil pouch, durable, for 3-ring binder (1)
- Whiteboard markers (2)
- Headphones/ear buds (1 set)
- $5 for lock rental
- Drawstring backpack for PE (1, PTA sells these)
More stuff just for Pathfinders
- 2-inch White 3-ring View binders with the clear plastic on the outside (1)
- 5-subject spiral notebook (1)
- 4-pack Highlighters (pink, yellow, green, orange) (1 pack)
- Liquid Elmer's Glue (1 bottle)
- Pencil erasers toppers (1 package)
- Transparent reusable water bottles (optional)
Health & P.E.
For Physical Education:
- Tee-shirt (blue, white, gray or black)
- Shorts or sweat pants (same colors as above)
- Tennis shoes
- Gym bag / draw string bag
- Combination lock for gym locker
- White socks
For Healthy Living Class:
- Pocket folder (any color)
- 1 box of tissues per student
- Washable colored markers (10 pack is fine)
If you are able, please choose a few items from this list to donate to your team's classrooms.
- Gift cards for classroom supplies (Walmart, Target, Office Depot)
- Tissues, Tissues, Tissues!
- Band-aids (non-medicated)
- Paper Towels
- Cleansing Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Reams of colored copy paper
- Reams of card stock
- Notebook Paper, wide-ruled
- Construction Paper
- 3x5 Index Cards
Pens, Pencils, Markers
- Whiteboard Markers in various colors
- Sharpies & Crayola Markers
- Pens (blue or black)
- Pencils (#2, wood)
- Graphite for mechanical pencils (0.7mm)
- Colored Pencils
- Tape - clear, masking, duct
- Glue Sticks
- Magazines (for cutting up, middle school appropriate)
- Small prizes (please no candy)
- Educational board games (Battleship, Bananagrams, Boggle, etc.)
- Books appropriate for middle school — used books are fine!
Parent To-Do List
To start the school year off right, here's a handy checklist:
- Mark your calendar for RHMS's Open House, the week before school starts.
- Confirm transportation for your student, either at our Open House or by calling RHMS.
- Provide contact info to RHMS and your child's team.
- Make sure RHMS has your correct phone number, so you will get weekly recorded announcements.
- Decide how you'll stay up to date! RHMS sends updates by email (via a Google Group), text messages, Facebook and Twitter. For more instructions, see the left column of our homepage.
- Join our PTA
- Go to K12PaymentCenter.com to set up and fund your child's lunch account. No more lost lunch money!
- Get your PowerSchool Home Base username and password, so you can check grades and attendance online.
- If you wish to volunteer or be a chaperone, register as a volunteer with DPS. Approval can take several days (or longer), so fill it out early! Approval is good for two years.