School Improvement Team
About the SIT
The RHMS School Improvement Team brings together representatives from all RHMS stakeholder groups: teachers from all teams and grade levels, parents, administrators, and even community members.
Members are elected at the beginning of the school year and serve 2-year terms. If you are interested in serving on the School Improvement Team, please contact the chairperson!
The SIT usually meets on the second Monday of each month from 3:15-4:15pm in the Media Center. Meetings are open to the public. Check our SIT Meetings page for a list of this year's meetings and minutes from past meetings.
The team's main responsibility is developing and implementing the School Improvement Plan, which keeps the school focused throughout the year on overall improvement and success for every child.
The team also serves as a resource for the school, the teachers, the parents and the principal. The School Improvement Team:
- Builds the capacity of the school to continuously improve in areas of school climate and satisfaction
- Promotes positive school climate which includes student health, safety, discipline and working conditions
- Facilitates the involvement of the school community in designing and implementing the plan
- Encourages, supports and creates opportunities for the involvement of parents
- Promotes stakeholder satisfaction (students, parents and teachers)
The SIT also responds to specific school needs, with team members representing a wide range of perspectives.
Want to help RHMS improve? Nominate yourself or someone you know to serve on the team. Elections are held at the beginning of the school year.
8th Gr. SS Teacher